Invest in CSI! The Community Bond and Growth Bond
CSI is offering up to $300,000 in new
Community Bonds and up to $500,000 in Growth Bonds.
The last time we offered Community Bonds, you helped us raise $2 million toward the purchase and renovation of our 36,000 sq. ft. building, CSI Annex. Thanks to our investors, hundreds of social innovators working in everything from farming to finance have a home and supportive community at CSI Annex, and are busy making the world a better place.
We are making a new Community Bond offering as we buy out more expensive bondholders, and we are selling Growth Bonds to finance the start-up and operating costs of CSI Starrett-Lehigh in NYC. Find out how you could earn a financial and social return on your investment!
Come to one of our upcoming info sessions happening Jan. 29, Jan. 30, Feb. 11 and Feb 13.
The Community Bond is an innovation in social finance that allows a nonprofit or charity to leverage its community of supporters to pursue its mission, build its resiliency, and create more vibrant communities. You can learn more at communitybonds.ca.
For a limited time, we are offering up to
$300,000 in new Community Bonds as we buy out more expensive bondholders. As an
investor, you’ll earn a blended value social and financial return in exchange
for your contribution.
CSI's Community Bond offering is a:
- $10,000 minimum investment (Direct Investment or through a Self-directed RRSP)
- 5-year term
- 4% annual return, compounded semi-annually
- Mortgage-backed security
- The Community Bond is RRSP or TFSA eligible, but we will be prioritizing direct investments
For more details about the investment, check out these resources:
- For the full story of CSI buying a building, read here or visit communitybonds.ca.
- For an overview about the CSI Community Bond and what it has to offer, download our info booklet.
- Watch a video describing the Community Bond concept.
- If you want to create a Community Bond for your nonprofit project and are looking for information, visit communitybonds.ca.
- To learn more about what CSI is doing to scale this innovation across Ontario, read here.
Okay, now that you are convinced and ready
to go, there are two options for investment:
1. Straight Investment: Simply buy a Community Bond directly from CSI. Complete the subscription form, write us a cheque, and we will send you the Community Bond paperwork.
2. Take out a new Self-Directed RRSP* at your bank: The Centre for Social Innovation will provide you with the necessary forms and direction to undertake this process click here. However, we must warn you that the process can be long depending on the bank.
Email us to request the Subscription Form, the Term Sheet and our Financial Materials.
Please note that if you would like to purchase a Community Bond using an existing
Self Directed RRSP* we ask you to contact us at email@example.com to discuss further.
Community Bonds are about people, planet and profit. We hope to welcome you on board as investors and partners in catalyzing social innovation and making the world a better place, all while earning a competitive return on your investment. Contact us.
*A self-directed RRSP allows an investor to determine the portfolio of investment products in his or her RRSP.
Following on the success of our first Community Bond offering in 2010, we’ve decided to keep on innovating in social finance with the CSI Growth Bond!
Growth Bonds enable you to
support the expansion of CSI’s mission and model in our new digs in New York
City. For a limited time, we are offering up to $500,000 in new Growth Bonds.
As an investor, you get the added value of making a blended value investment,
providing you with both a social and a financial return in exchange for your
CSI's Growth Bond offering is a:
- $50,000 minimum investment
- 7-year term
- 6% interest, compounded semi-annually
- Used to finance start-up and operations costs
Investor's Package coming soon. To be sent a copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in potentially being an investor in Growth Bonds, take these two steps.
- Tell us! Indicate your interest by sending an email to email@example.com
- Attend an info session: These are being held on Jan. 29, Jan. 30, Feb. 11 and Feb 13.
Growth Bonds are about people, planet and profit. We hope to welcome you on board as investors and partners in catalyzing social innovation and helping us to take our vision to new corners of the globe, all while earning a competitive return on your investment. Contact us.
|CSI Investment Package_Update - Jan 24 - BG Final.pdf||6.03 MB|