The Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Ventures
The Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund is a partnership between the Centre for Social Innovation, the Province of Ontario, Alterna Savings, Microsoft Canada, TD Bank Group, KPMG, and Social Capital Partners and is designed to help promising social entrepreneurs and innovators with low interest loans of $5,000-$25,000.
The second round of recipients were selected on Feburary 12th, 2014, and the next round of applications will open on April 27, 2014.
Applying for a Catapult Microloan
Please be sure you meet the criteria listed below. If you meet the basic criteria, please see the submission guidelines. You will be asked to provide information and documentation on a business plan, marketing plan, financial plan, social impact, credibility, and innovation. Sign up for our Catapult mailing list to receive information on our consultation sessions and to be alerted when the next round of applications open.
Give me the details!
This exciting collaboration brings government, business, and nonprofits together to support intrepid changemakers working across sectors in farming to finance and everything in between.
The Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund enables social entrepreneurs and innovators to turn their ideas into world-changing impact by supporting promising social ventures with access to capital and CSI’s existing programming and services.
The Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund will:
- Make investments in social ventures (nonprofit and for-profit) that are tenants or Community Members of CSI
- Provide low interest loans of $5,000 - $25,000
- Provide a range of support to enable the social ventures succeed
- Undertake a full impact assessment of the investments over a 2-year period
To be eligible, the social venture must:
- Be Ontario-based
- Be a member of the Centre for Social Innovation, but not necessarily a tenant of CSI (see Community Membership)
- Have fewer than 25 full-time employees
- Have annual revenue under $2 Million
- Be addressing a social, environmental, economic, or cultural challenge
CSI and an appointed review committee, comprised of CSI’s partners and independent experts, administer the Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund. Although the review committee holds the final decision, CSI community members, mentors, and issue experts are engaged as a part of the process to help make the most informed decisions. Everyone involved looks for the following key success factors:
- Business Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Financial Projections
- Social Impact
- Reason to Believe /Credibility
For more Information:
- Read the Submission Guidelines
- Sign up to the Catapult mailing list for important updates
- Meet the round one Catapult loan recipients!
- Read Catapult's nomination for the Social Finance Award!
Catapult is a collaboration between:
The Centre for Social Innovation is a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world, with three locations in Toronto and one location in New York City. We provide our members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to create a better world.
|2014 Catapult Microloan Submission Guidelines.pdf||239.84 KB|