APPLY NOW - Student Applications Open for School for Social Entrepreneurs-Ontario’s Inaugural Fellowship Program
Student Applications Open
We welcome applications for SSE-O’s Inaugural Fellowship Program from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
SSE-O is an inclusive initiative – individuals from any walk of life are invited to apply for entry into the program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require additional assistance or accommodation.
We are looking for 20 energetic, driven, and passionate individuals who have a great idea for a social venture. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age before the start of the program.
SSE-O is an untraditional school and its admissions process is equally untraditional. We care primarily about the personal characteristics you bring to your venture and to the classroom. If you have won a lot of academic prizes or achieved great grades, that's wonderful. But if you haven't, no worries. We find that many of the best social entrepreneurs never completed or enjoyed formal schooling.
For these reasons, no paper or formal qualifications are required. However, you will need to demonstrate that you are enthusiastic, determined, and committed to launching or growing your social venture while bringing about substantial social benefit to your community. Entry into the Fellowship Program is competitive, and based on your application form and interview.
At a minimum, you will learn how to:
- · Set up and secure funding for your venture;
- · Improve your business planning and management skills;
- · Develop and achieve deeper social impact;
- · Undertake significant personal growth.
We will be holding information sessions throughout the GTA during the summer. The schedule of information sessions with dates, times, and locations will be posted shortly.
1. Complete the SSE-O Student Application before August 1, 2012. Applicants may optionally choose to attach their resume and their venture description to their application.
2. Selected applicants will be interviewed throughout the summer.
3. Once a decision has been made, each candidate will receive notice from SSE-O indicating the results of their application by no later than August 15, 2012.
About the SSE-O
The School for Social Entrepreneurs – Ontario contributes to transformational social change by providing action-based and practical learning for social entrepreneurs in Canada.
SSE-O's untraditional and unique educational model places the emphasis on students as self-directed learners. By nurturing community-based social entrepreneurs, SSE-O supports the exploration of new ideas and innovative approaches to the evolving and complex challenges faced by communities throughout Ontario.
SSE-O is a proud member of an international network of schools located across the UK and Australia.