Germany Public Transit Lessons: Oct. 26 @ Ryerson
I am passing along this message on behalf of ex-CSIer Marty Collier who is now operating his business from his home in Guelph.
Transport Futures will be staging the Governance Summit on November 19. We invited Michael Glotz-Richter from the City of Bremen, Germany, to participate but he happens to be in Toronto this week so cannot return next month. The City of Bremen in Germany is a global leader in sustainable transportation planning and implementation. As a result, the City has received several mobility awards, including being named CIVITAS City of the Year in 2005 and selected as a transport showcase at the 2010 “Better Cities – Better Life” World Exhibition in Shanghai. In order not to miss a fantastic opportunity to hear about Bremen’s trailblazing work on sustainable transportation and discuss mobility pricing, Transport Futures and Ryerson University’s School of Urban and Regional Planning will host an Integrated Mobility Seminar on October 26th at 2 pm. Some of the key questions we’ll be answering include:
- What political, institutional, cultural and financial arrangements has Bremen used to promote and integrate public transit, taxis, cycling and car-sharing?
- Can the GTA draw inspiration from Bremen to implement and ultimately build on Metrolinx’s Big Move plan?
- What mobility pricing measures and other funding tools should be part of the mix?
- http://www.transportfutures.ca/sites/default/themes/tf/images/list-level...);">Advance Prices (until noon on Oct. 25): $5 students; $10 Faculty/NGOs/Individuals; $20 Gov't & Business
- http://www.transportfutures.ca/sites/default/themes/tf/images/list-level...);">On-Site Price (Day of Event): $30.00 for everyone
- http://www.transportfutures.ca/sites/default/themes/tf/images/list-level...);">Free for Transport Futures Governance Summit registrants - but you still must register!
Martin Collier, MES
Director, Healthy Transport Consulting
Founder, Transport Futures