Position Type: Contract Full-time
$35,000 - $40,000, commensurate with
Reporting: Director of Culture
About the Centre for Social Innovation
The Centre for Social Innovation is a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world, with three locations in Toronto and a location in New York City. We provide our members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to build a better world.
About the Role
Are you a social media pirate, a talented storyteller and a marketing maven? An all-around communications cowboy or cowgirl who loves the smell of analytics in the morning? Someone who talks about design because you can’t get enough of it?
We’re looking for a Communications Animator to ensure we do a brilliant job of communicating every opportunity at CSI, to manage and grow our social media networks, and to leverage our channels to share our community’s stories, inspiration, and knowledge.
Excellent writing? You betcha! Organizational skills. Check! Positive attitude? Don’t apply without it! You’ll also need an understanding of traditional and new media, the ability to work well independently, and a constant desire for improvement. You’ll be as comfortable concocting a social media campaign, as you will be examining the data to measure your impact. Oh yeah… AND PASSION! You must share our unwavering commitment to making the world a better place.
You’ll be working closely with the Communications Manager and reporting to the Director of Culture. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and animating all of our social media channels
- Reporting on CSI news including events, milestones, and partnerships
- Playing an active role in editorial meetings
- Creating and designing marketing collateral like posters, brochures, etc.
- Continually updating all of our web properties with an eye towards SEO optimization and user experience
- Acting as CSI’s first point of contact with media requests, and developing our ongoing strategy for engagement with the media
- Managing and organizing our database of digital and print assets
- Developing and updating promotional materials and fact sheets to inform potential and existing members
- Publishing Innovators, our biweekly online newsletters in both Canada and the U.S.
- Writing and editing proposals for senior management to be used in new business and partnership opportunities
- Community animation of our intranet network
- And more
The ideal candidate will have prior communications experience, demonstrable social media skills, and a passion for social innovation. Additional experience in journalism, design, or marketing will be considered an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please write your cover letter in CSI's tone, which can be described as fun, passionate, and cheeky. Submit
your cover letter and resume by January 21, 2014 at 4:00 pm EST.
Emails should be sent as a single attachment (combining resume and cover letter) to email@example.com