Job Posting: Events Coordinator
(2 days per week, April-November)
Not Far From The Tree, a project of Tides Canada Initiatives Society, puts Toronto’s abundance of local fruit to good use by picking and sharing the bounty. We engage and mobilize Torontonians to steward the food-producing trees in our urban forest. Our innovative and award-winning programs promote urban ecology, activate local food and build social cohesion.
The Events Coordinator will take the lead on Not Far From The Tree’s three major events: the 2013 Season Launch (June), City Cider (September) and the End-of-Season Celebration (November). Each event comprises elements of community engagement, celebration, awareness-raising and fundraising.
- Coordinate the execution of Not Far From The Tree’s three major events in 2013
- Set and adhere to clear and feasible timelines, budgets, and workplans for each event
- Provide consistent and reliable reporting of activities to Project Director
- Work closely with the Community Engagement Specialist and the Events Committee to build strong and successful volunteering opportunities as related to events
- Maintain awareness of pertinent relationships among all staff and affected volunteers
- Document the processes and outcomes of all events
- Experience organizing events
- Understanding of events management in the charitable sector
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity for leadership and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and timelines, adhere to workplans and manage budgets
- Knowledgeable about Not Far From The Tree and familiarity with its stakeholders and community would be preferred
- A strong capacity to work independently
- Experience managing volunteers
- Fundraising experience is an asset
Compensation : $18-20/hr; 2 days/week
Start Date: mid-April
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, March 14th, 2013. All attachments must be labeled with the applicant’s full name. In your cover letter, please include your responses to the following questions:
- What interests you most about this position?
- Based on our requirements, why are you a strong candidate?
- Please summarize one event you have organized that best demonstrates your capacity to take on this position.
Not Far From The Tree is a project of Tides Canada Initiatives Society and the selected candidate may become an employee of TCI. Professional consultants are also encouraged to express interest. For more information, please go to tidescanada.org/projects.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however,
only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
We will accept applications until the position is filled. No recruiters, please.