Program Manager (volunteer position)
Cultivate Toronto is a registered non-profit organization with the goal of turning Toronto’s front and back yards into a sustainable source of fresh, organic food for its urban inhabitants. Fuelled by a passion for healthy living, local produce, and environmental responsibility, we hope to contribute to sustainable urban living by providing the freshest, tastiest, urban-grown produce to GTA residents. We strive to improve access to local organic food, foster leadership and education, and engage and connect the community in the rediscovery of local food.
The Program Manager plays a key role on the Cultivate Toronto team: maintaining oversight of the status of all current projects, ensuring the deadlines and other targets are being met, and providing support to the portfolio managers and Program Director. This is a challenging, yet rewarding part-time volunteer position with a year-round workload and minimum commitment of 5-8 hours per week.
1. Day-to-day operational oversight
- Develop working relationships with portfolio managers and other project leaders
- Keep abreast of project deadlines and deliverables
- Provide direct support to operations as necessary
2. Organizational duties
- Collaborate with the Program Director to draft meeting agendas and take detailed minutes
- Identify critical tasks as outlined in meetings, transfer related action items to Basecamp, and delegate these to the appropriate team members
- Take on short-term assignments, e.g. coordinating events, interviewing candidates, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to keep on top of multiple commitments and deadlines
- Past experience as a Project/Program Manager or other leadership role without direct supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate with a remote team
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products
- Ability to commit for 1 or more years
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume together as one single document (Word or PDF) by e-mail to Andrea Chan - andrea(at)cultivatetoronto.com no later than 5 pm on Friday, March 8, 2013. Please cite the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line and mention where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.