Don’t need workspace? Become a Community Member!
Now you can be a member of the largest and most dynamic social innovation community even if you don't need to rent workspace. Community Membership provides you with increased profile, skills and knowledge-building opportunities, and mountains of social capital for just $30/month. Read on to discover the benefits or apply for community membership.
What is Community Membership?
It’s a new way to join the CSI network!
The number of people channelling their passion and energy into social ventures has grown since we first opened our doors in 2004, and not all of them need office space. So once again CSI is evolving for our supportive culture to be available to even more thinkers and doers.
We’ve launched Community Membership so that you get all the benefits of CSI without the lease agreement!
What do community members get?
Community members gain access to heaps of social capital. CSI is a platform for the emergence of world-changing initiatives, collaborations and enterprises. We facilitate idea exchange, network development and capacity building through our programming and events. Members often magnetize around a particular need or opportunity to support each other or to start new businesses or initiatives. It's about working together—forming partnerships and supporting each other’s work so that we can accelerate member success and change the world.
With Community Membership you receive:
- 10 hours/month free use of the lounges and
wifi at all CSI locations during office hours
- 20% off regular meeting room rates and ability to book quickly online
- member rates on event facilities
- instant connection to the world's most dynamic social innovation community
- a profile on our world-class Intranet network that connects you to hundreds of other social entrepreneurs
- ability to promote your events, jobs and announcements through CSI’s external newsletter, website, Intranet and community newspaper.
- access to the members-only e-mail listserve
- invitations to CSI community events like Salad Club, the Summit, SI Salon, and Six Degrees of Social Innovation*
- raise money and get support with CSI Crowdfunding
- chance to get a loan from our Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund
- exclusive programming to accelerate your venture's success
- discounts to
workshops and events organized by CSI
- free ½ hour legal consultations through CSI Legal Services and discounted hourly rates with lawyers
Plus discounts with VIA Rail, ZipCar, and hotel accommodations.
Who is it ideal for?
- intrapreneurs in gov't departments, companies and larger NGOs who want to be connected to a network of their peers
- leaders and employees of small & mid-size organizations in the GTA who already have space but want access to the community
- social entrepreneurs based outside of Toronto or who don't yet require office space
- senior and experienced social entrepreneurs looking to stay connected
- CSI alumni
How much does it cost?
The cost is only $30/month—the price of a couple movie tickets gets you into Toronto’s most diverse and vibrant community of social innovators—for a minimum of three months.
Excited to become a part of the CSI movement?
Please allow 5-10 days for your application to be approved before you can begin accessing benefits.
Please note Community Membership is meant for individuals. We are working on getting systems in place to accommodate Community Membership for organizations. While we're in this process, we suggest than an individual from your organization join as a Community Member on behalf of the organization. Questions? Email us at email@example.com - we can't wait to meet you!
* Salad club is a fun opportunity to hear what is happening in the lives of your peers. Everyone brings a protein and a vegetable, crafts their salad masterpiece, eats together and shares their successes and challenges.
The CSI Summit brings together all our members twice a year to reveal the assets in our community and provide them with the tools to get the most out of CSI.
Social Innovation Salon is a discussion between members on a current
issue, theme or innovation. It’s a thought-provoking chance to have your
view of the world expanded and challenged.
Six Degrees of Social Innovation brings together members and their friends for after-work drinks and networking.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world, with three locations in Toronto and a location in New York City. We provide our members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to create a better world.