CSI’s Desk Exchange Community Animator Program
With our over 2,000 members, this is networking on steroids. CSI is a network of networks, and if you learn how to navigate it, you’ll make connections, both professional and personal, that could change your life.
Deadline: Applications are closed. Sign up for our newsletter to be notified the next time applications are open.
Join one of the world’s most dynamic social innovation communities in Toronto as a Desk Exchange Community Animator. What the heck is a Community Animator? The glue that keeps the CSI community together. The breeze that breathes vitality into the shared workspace and the lives of those who work in it… Community animators are the first face people see when they arrive at a CSI location, and their skills and presence set the tone. They excel in customer service, organization, communications, and problem solving. They’re connectors of ideas and people. They’re our frontline baristas for social change!
What's the DECA program?
This is an incredible opportunity for social entrepreneurs and innovators in need of workspace. It’s also great for anyone wanting to learn about social innovation by immersing themself in it. With our over 2,000 members, this is networking on steroids. CSI is a network of networks, and if you learn how to navigate it, you’ll make connections, both professional and personal, that could change your life. Many past DECAs have gone on to start their own companies or have joined organizations working out of CSI, and a handful have even become full-time staff of CSI!
What is the Centre for Social Innovation, anyways?
The Centre for Social Innovation is a coworking space, community and launchpad for people who are changing the world, with three locations in Toronto and a location in New York City. We provide our members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors from farming to finance and everything in between. We’re catalyzing new ideas for a better world.
Our expectation is that you will provide exceptional customer service while efficiently and gracefully handling whatever comes your way when you’re onsite. Specifically, you will:
- Run the Welcome Desk – Welcome every visitor to CSI with enthusiasm and energy. Handle phone and in person inquiries, manage and book meeting rooms, keep an eye on office supplies making sure we’re always ready for anything! Responsibilities are between 8:30AM to 4:30PM on any weekday.
- Be a Host – Be CSI’s number one fan; take visitors on mini-tours of the space, prep meeting rooms, help organize and participate in community events, ensuring all our services are offered in an appropriate and culturally competent manner to a culturally and socioeconomically diverse range of communities.
- Clean and Tidy! – What more is there to say? Maintain a spotless space ensuring everyone’s experience at CSI is awesome. That means getting your hands dirty!
- Increase Efficiency - Suggest new work practices and processes to improve CSI’s flow and facilitate our mission.
- Offer IT Support - Support members using our photocopiers, printers, audio visual equipment, phones and teleconferencing equipment.
- ??? - Who knows? What else can you do to support our operations and our community?
If the above list sounds like something you can handle, and you can do it all with sincerity, care, fun, and goodwill, then we want you!
This is a work exchange, but just so you know, we expect professionalism and we want to know you’re committed.
We're looking for a reliable six-month commitment! This role is integral to our mission and we want to get to know you too, so please only apply if you are serious about the opportunity.
CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity workspace and is a community committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We firmly believe that diversity animates new discoveries, and encourage applicants from varied backgrounds including race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability and religion.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Ashoka selects 3 CSI members as leaders of social change
The Toronto Tool Library raises money with CSI services
STEPS is building community through public art
4 CSI NYC members listed on the 2014 GOOD 100