About TechSoup Canada
At TechSoup Canada, we believe technology is key to helping nonprofits achieve their full potential. We work to lower the barriers to technology through access to tools and knowledge. One of our core programs involves access to discounted technology products from over 30 companies such as Microsoft, Zoom and Cisco to eligible charities, libraries and nonprofits. We also create and share resources, such as articles, blogs and webinars, to help nonprofits learn about technology and make informed decisions.
About the Centre for Social Innovation
TechSoup Canada is a program of the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world. CSI provides its members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to create a better world.
About the Role
Navigating the numerous different products and eligibility rules of our program is a challenge for many of our member organizations. Accessing the wealth of information available on technology can also be overwhelming. As a Bilingual Customer Help Desk Representative, your job is to make it as easy as possible for our member organizations to request products and find relevant resources.
You might start your day answering phone calls and emails from nonprofits across Canada to help them understand the different products available to them. Between calls, you might use various online resources to verify the charitable activities of our new members. Occasionally, you might join a brainstorming session on how we can improve our members’ experience. After responding to some more emails you might end your day by giving input on how to streamline existing processes.
- Your #1 responsibility is member satisfaction – helping nonprofits understand and make the most of the resources available from TechSoup Canada
- Answer members’ questions (via phone and email) and ensure their problems are resolved
- Become an expert in our program offers and stay on top of changes that affect our members
- Use online resources and research skills to apply eligibility policies to our member organizations
- Keep information on our website and in our database accurate and up to date
- Provide feedback to improve our programs and processes
- Assist with drafting new content to make our website more user-friendly
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Contribute to other areas of TechSoup Canada’s activities and programs as needed
- Bilingual in French and English
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and simple way
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and apply good judgement
- Troubleshooting and constructive problem-solving skills
- Previous customer service experience
- Patient and calm in times of frustration
- Ability to de-escalate a tense situation
- Comfortable using technology and trying new tools
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic workplace
- Resourceful, aware and passionate; willing to take initiative and develop new processes
- Basic understanding of using databases
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector in Canada
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud Services, such as Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure, etc.
- Experience with servers and network administration
- Application processing experience
- Tech or help desk support
- Software sales and support
- Fundraising or other operational nonprofit experience
- Hospitality industry experience
What you can expect working at TechSoup Canada
We are a dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact in the community. There is a steep learning curve when you join, but our team is committed to helping you develop new skills. As your abilities and experience advance, we seek to develop your career by giving you opportunities to learn from peers in areas such as systems administration, business development or project management. If you like start-ups, social enterprises and working in a team atmosphere, we would love to hear from you.
We recognize international experience and we strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Toronto – Availability to work from our Toronto office and remotely
Position Type: One-year full-time contract with possibility for renewal
Work Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Salary: $46,178 annually, commensurate with experience, plus benefits after probation period
Working amidst COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TechSoup Canada staff have been working from home. Interviews will take place virtually over phone and video conference. We expect the start date of the Bilingual Customer Help Desk Representative to be before our office re-opens. As such, the successful candidate will be expected to work remotely from a home office.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Please note that we may invite you to an interview with only a few days notice, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TechSoup Canada is located at 192 Spadina Ave. – Suite 203, Centre for Social Innovation, in Toronto, ON. For more information about TechSoup Canada, visit www.techsoup.ca.
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any of our spaces – we will be happy to work with you to accommodate any accessibility requests as best we can.