Job Title: Digital Communications and Engagement Specialist
Reporting to: Executive Director, SI Canada
Location: Remote / Office in Toronto
Employment Type: 1-year contract + with possibility of renewal
Work hours/days: 25-37.5 per week
Starting Salary: $50,178-56,450 annually (prorated to work hours) commensurate with experience, plus benefits after probation period.
About CSI and the CSI Institute
CSI and its affiliated charity, the CSI Institute work together to inspire, catalyze, and support social innovation in Toronto, across Canada, and around the world. CSI is a nonprofit social enterprise which operates in Toronto, serves over 1000 social purpose organizations and is building the Next Economy with its innovation and acceleration programs. The CSI Institute supports social innovation education, network-building, and development of the social innovation field.
About SI Canada
Founded in 2018 as an initiative of CSI Institute, SI Canada has mobilized a pan-Canadian network of partners who have been actively working to support and connect social innovators in their regions. SI Canada’s mission is to empower people, organizations and systems with the tools, knowledge, skills, connections and resources they need to solve real and complex problems. We do this by:
- Helping new practitioners enter the field, strengthening capacity & building knowledge among practitioners through education, connecting them to resources, tools and each other,
- Building connecting and animating a National Social Innovation Network on the common platform through communities of practice and convening,
- Enabling collaborations, building stronger connections that help us align for action through constellations, labs & challenges, national collaborations and building cross sectoral partnerships,
- Elevating the field of social innovation through amplification, sharing of stories, broadening our reach and engaging new audiences.
About the Role
The Communications and Engagement Specialist is the key interface between SI Canada and our stakeholders. You will play an essential role in the building of a national initiative, working to broaden our reach and deepen our engagement with our stakeholders.
You are an experienced communicator, a thinker and a doer – able to come up with effective engagement and communication strategies as well as execute them. You’re entrepreneurial, understand how to build community online, and can speak and write fluently in French and English.
- Oversee and implement communications and engagement strategies to broaden our reach and deepen our engagement with our stakeholders
- Support the creation of key messages and corporate narrative
- Hold the brand, be a steward of our public presence
- Support the programming teams through content creation and outreach strategies
- Work with the ED to develop and execute a storytelling/thought leadership strategy
- Create and curate written content that showcases SI Canada’s work
- Maintain a vibrant events calendar & monthly newsletter
- Manage our social media channels
- Monitor our firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Lead the reworking of our website (sicanada.org)
- Maintain all of our digital assets
- Create and maintain a French version of the website
- Support integration of our website and our networking platform
- Execute the animation strategy for building our online community of social innovation practitioners across Canada
- Create onboarding materials for new members
- Help new groups get established and feel supported through animation best practices
- Monitor analytics and engagement
- Create event copy in both French and English
- Maintain communications with participants
- Collaborate with our Education Manager on the online toolkit (SI Unlocked)
- Translate (or oversee translation) of tools from English to French and vice versa as required
- Bilingual French and English – ability to write and create content in both languages.
3-5+ years experience in digital communications and online community building.
- A working knowledge and/or passion for social innovation.
- Ability to be self-directed, as well as highly collaborative. Comfortable in an emergent start-up environment.
- Familiar with our digital suite: WordPress content management system, Mailchimp, Slack, Google Suite, Asana, Miro
- Experience with analytics, database management
As with all members of the CSI Institute team, you will be expected to:
- Connect people and ideas
- Brighten peoples’ days
- Build social networks
- Create a culture of openness, sharing, and caring
- Work collaboratively and constructively
What you can expect working with us
We are a dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact.
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnic origin, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, language, marital status, nationality, physical appearance, political affiliations, perspective, race, religion, sexual orientation, sexuality, family status, socioeconomic status, or other such considerations, and intersectionalities therein. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2021. Please submit your full application here, including your resume and cover letter as soon as you are interested.
Only those selected will be contacted via e-mail and/or phone call.
For more information, visit our website: socialinnovation.org/about/si-canada