Organization: Future Majority
Location: Anywhere in Canada, online
Start Date: Monday, August 30th 2021, rolling starts
End Date: September 20th, 2021
Application Deadline: Rolling
Position: Part-time (20 hours a week), four hour shifts five nights a week
Salary: $20 an hour
Future Majority is seeking a hardworking, passionate individual to contact a critical mass of young voters in Canada’s Federal 2021 Election. The Direct Voter Contact Lead holds the vital role of empowering and supporting young Canadians to realize their political power and vote.
The Direct Voter Contact Lead will work with the Regional Organizer to support Future Majority’s campaign to turn out thousands of young people to vote in Canada by making vote plans. In order to reach young people by phone, this position requires the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
About Future Majority
Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018. Our mission is to amplify the concerns of young Canadians so that EVERY candidate, politician, and party is an advocate for youth priorities.
In the 2019 federal election, Future Majority organized 26,000 students to vote across 15 competitive ridings in Ontario, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick.Through over 200 news stories including 38 national news stories like the front page of the Sunday Toronto Star, we spread our message that young Canadians are the largest voting bloc.
Want to know more? Check us out at futuremajority.ca.
- Direct Voter Contact: Use calling and texting software to contact hundreds of Future Majority members a week to meaningfully connect, educate and empower young people to vote in the federal election.
- Tracking Program Results: The candidate will track their progress, measure and analyse the overall impact of their actions.
The candidate we are looking for is: A goal-oriented, enthusiastic communicator who can spend hours at a time on the phone. This individual can connect to an audience aged 18-34 years old and is excited to meet new people over the phone. We care less about what’s on your resume, and more about your ability to self-motivate, enthusiasm, and passion for elevating young people’s impact in politics is on point.
- Strong verbal communication skills, strong work ethic and genuine passion for social change
- Previous experience in a call centre or outreach environment is preferred but not required
- Are willing and able to spend the majority of work hours calling Future Majority members and asking them to get involved in the election
- Are able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be a resident of Canada
- Are able to work independently and receive feedback
- Additional language skills are an asset
Future Majority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that campaigns for a just future require an inclusive and diverse workplace. We’d especially like to encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQ2I, immigrants and people with disabilities to apply. We recognize that this list is neither exhaustive. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.