About Cycle Toronto
Cycle Toronto is a member-supported non-profit organization and registered charity that works to make Toronto a healthy, safe and vibrant cycling city for all. We are focused on advocacy, education and encouragement, as we work to shape policy and infrastructure, and build community to transform our city’s cycling culture. We engage a diversity of people in our work, pursuing evidence-based solutions that make cycling a viable option for all Torontonians. We are a tight-knit team that sees cycling as a gateway to a healthy environment, economic prosperity, stronger communities, better mental and physical health, equity, and fun.
Terms of Employment
Full time (40 hours/week with 30 minute paid lunch break) one year contract position with opportunity for extension, should funding goals be achieved
- Start Date: May 2021 or as soon as possible
- Salary: $46,000 per year, prorated
- Location: working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Physical office located at The Centre for Social Innovation, 192 Spadina Ave, Toronto. We are currently evaluating post-pandemic work-from-home policies in order to better accommodate applicants from all over Toronto
- Equipment: A laptop will be provided for remote work, and up to $50/month reimbursement for use of personal smartphone
- Benefits: Health benefits, three weeks of paid vacation, and professional development opportunities will be included
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered, but general availability to work Monday to Friday from 9-5 p.m. is expected. Occasional work outside these hours may be required based on our events calendar.
About the Position
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated professional looking to engage our donors, members, and partners in opportunities to grow Cycle Toronto’s impact. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with our Senior Partnerships & Development Manager, Communications Manager, and Programs & Operations Manager, you will support our existing relationships and help to cultivate new ones. You want to translate your knowledge of marketing and fundraising into investment into a safe, healthy, vibrant cycling city for all. You will be part of a small, dedicated staff team that works both independently and collaboratively, and supports each other’s priorities. You possess one to three years of relevant experience (work or volunteering). Cycle Toronto is a growing organization that recently obtained charitable status from the Canada Revenue Agency, and we are looking for someone who is interested in growing with us.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist staff in meeting fundraising targets in line with the annual budget and operational plan for membership, donations, partnerships, and marketing resources
- Assist with donor and member communications, stewardship, retention, and growth including donor calls, cards, and events
- Maintain partner correspondence, help to identify new potential partners and facilitate meetings. Develop partnership proposals and presentations
- Provide support in maintaining, growing, and refining program deliverables for partners and donors.
- Assist with the production and distribution of written and visual marketing materials: photography, videos, promotional messaging, content for fundraising drives
- Support the tracking of up-to-date records in our donor database, web analytics, social media, event attendance, and other metrics
- Update web content and provide support to Cycle Toronto’s members and potential members through phone, general email, inquiries
- Track payments, donations, receipts, merchandise, and web and marketing materials
- Support programming and coordination of our annual programs and events such as Bike Month, The Ride for Safe Streets, StreetSmartsTO education programming, and outreach
- Assist with database management
- Oversee meeting and event logistics, ensuring seamless coordination between event holders, partners, staff and volunteers
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Passion for helping to build a healthy, vibrant, and safe cycling city for all
- Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent experience. Preference for designation in marketing, fundraising, community investment, charitable or non-profit experience, or a field related to the position
- Work experience: Professional work experience in a relevant field, preferably either with or within charities or not-for-profit organizations
- Marketing, storytelling: Awareness of best practices for social marketing and storytelling for change, and interest in connecting our advocacy work to member, donor and partner engagement
- Writing: Demonstrates proficiency in writing and editing compelling content for a variety of mediums and contexts (e.g., blog, newsletter, social media, press release)
- Computer proficiency: experience with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience using Google platforms: Mail, Calendar, and Drive. Experience working with databases, content management systems, and HTML considered strong assets
- Social equity: Commitment to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Demonstrates professionalism in working with a variety of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds
- Organizational skills: Can prioritize multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Flexibility: Willingness to perform a variety of tasks in a team setting to maximize effectiveness
- Entrepreneurial: results-driven, taking initiative to grow Cycle Toronto’s audience and impact
- Language skills: Proficiency in languages other than English
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere)
- Social media: Ability to stay on top of social media trends in regards to charitable organizations
To apply, send your resume and cover letter outlining why this role at Cycle Toronto is of interest to you to Work@CycleTO.ca with the subject line “Fundraising & Engagement Coordinator” by Friday, May 7, 2021. We will aim to hold video interviews over Google Meets or Zoom shortly thereafter. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 7, 2021
Apply to: Work@CycleTO.ca
Cycle Toronto values diversity and is committed to equity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people who reflect our city’s diverse communities. Accommodation in the hiring process and during employment will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.