Students Offering Support is looking for a volunteer to serve as Fundraising Lead on our Board of Director’s to drive the organization’s fundraising strategy in an effort to sustain and grow our program and impact. Students Offering Support develops and implements a range of programs to offer academic, skills and life support to youth within Canada and globally, through peer-to-peer learning programs and funding for educational initiatives.
In the short-term, the organization is looking to develop new fundraising initiatives to support the sustainability of our Guate Groundswell scholarship program, empowering young Mayan women as community leaders in rural regions of Guatemala. The Fundraising Lead will support the achievement of this goal by identifying and executing on funding opportunities from individuals through monthly and online giving campaigns, and supporting efforts related to corporate and public sector grants and sponsorships. Longer term, the Board lead will support fundraising strategies for additional SOS programming.
The Fundraising Lead will oversee a Fundraising-focused employee who will provide tactical and execution support to enable the Fundraising Lead’s strategies.
- Develop a proactive approach to identify the most relevant funding opportunities for SOS
- Develop a fundraising strategy specific the Guate Groundswell Program, including a marketing plan, website content and communication plan
- Beyond Guate Groundswell, lead the fundraising strategy for SOS’ additional programs
- On an ongoing basis, monitor and identify relevant funding opportunities
- For each funding opportunity, develop the application approach and strategy
- Oversee and lead the Fundraising Employee, including defining the role and developing strategy for the employee to execute on
- Over time, develop and implement systems and processes that elevate the efficiency and quality of SOS’ funding applications
- Act as a Board Member and provide ongoing strategic and operational advice to elevate the effectiveness and marketability of SOS’ programs
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with fundraisers
- Demonstrable track record of leading successful fundraising campaigns
- Experience in the Charity or Not-for-Profit sector
- Strong listening skills
- Strong and clear written and verbal communications skills
- Team player who collaborates to achieve an outcome
- Ability to identify fundraising opportunities
- Strong relationship building skills
Part-time hours: 3-5 per week
Application deadline: 2021-02-15
Expected start date: 2021-03-01
Salary: $0.00 per year
Board activities are being coordinated remotely through virtual meetings and communications due to Covid 19.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to: hr[at]studentsofferingsupport[dot]org
Subject: Fundraising Lead, Board of Directors (Volunteer Role)
SOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and just community in all aspects of our daily work and culture.