Application Deadline: Rolling until filled
Desired Start Date: Mid-February
Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000 CAD + benefits
Future Majority is looking for an experienced manager to supervise and develop a talented team of organizers, and take our youth movement capacity work to the next level. When critical elections or moments emerge, the Organizing Manager can expect to scale our organizing program to 20-40+ full-time paid organizers and mentor our core organizing team to effectively train and manage a scaled operation.
We’re organizing year-round to build political power for young Canadians, including running the largest young voter mobilization programs in the country. In this leadership role, you’ll manage talented staff, develop and execute youth organizing training programs, as well as co-develop campaigns. This individual will help guide the organization, design and implement high-impact programs, and translate the power young voters are building at the ballot box into meaningful, lasting change. A deep commitment to youth priorities like action on climate change and to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion through and within our organization is a must in this position. Experience managing full-time paid staff is a must for this position. A bonus is experience on an election or field campaign.
About Future Majority
Future Majority is a national nonpartisan non-profit, founded in 2018. Our mission is to amplify the concerns of young Canadians so that EVERY candidate, politician, and party is an advocate for youth priorities. We set the agenda and impact policy by demonstrating our electoral strength and organizing ourselves in the places that matter most to politicians. Our approach focuses on authentic, peer-to-peer organizing, power building in politically important ridings, and youth leadership development. We’re for young people, by young people. Our impact and credibility with young voters positions us to help set Canada’s agenda around young Canadians’ priorities.
In the 2019 federal election, Future Majority organized 26,000 students to vote across 15 competitive ridings in Ontario, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick. In four of the ridings, we mobilized more students to the polls than the vote margin of the two leading parties running. In addition, through over 200 news stories including 38 national news stories like the front page of the Sunday Toronto Star, we spread our message that young Canadians are the largest voting bloc and our priorities are bold action on climate change and affordability.
Future Majority’s 2021 focus is building youth movement capacity for a potential fall 2021 federal election. Want to know more? Check us out at futuremajority.ca.
- Team Management, Development, and Culture | Manage Future Majority’s organizing team to reach their goals, develop professionally, and increase their impact. Provide guidance, mentorship, professional development, structure, feedback, and evaluation of your staff. Ensure a safe, welcoming, and inspiring organizational culture for all staff to excel in, and provide ongoing opportunities for these individuals to lead and grow.
- Recruitment, Hiring and Training | Own the recruitment, hiring, and training of 20-40 paid field organizers during critical election and political moments.
What we’re looking for
- Deep commitment to Future Majority’s mission and theory of change, including advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion through and within our organization.
- Highly organized self-starter with serious initiative, and the ability to effectively manage and fully own projects with many moving parts. Excellent planning, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a relentless commitment to constantly improving our work.
- Experience managing staff to achieve results and grow as leaders. At least 2-3+ years of staff management experience with a track record of success.
- Experience working in an election field get-out-the-vote operation.
- Workstyle that is flexible, respectful, collaborative and nimble. Positive and solutions-oriented.
- Bonus: You are able to fluently speak french.
First Round Interview: Future Majority will invite a select number of candidates for the first-round interview over Google Hangout.
Takehome assignment: Candidates who pass the first round interview will be invited to complete a homework assignment which we expect to take between 5-7 hours to complete. To increase the accessibility of our application process and jobs to as many people as possible, we offer up to $105 to folks completing the assignment.
Final Interview: Candidates who pass the second round interview will be invited to a final interview.
Offer: Candidates who pass the final interview and reference checks are evaluated for an offer. To help meet our diversity, equity, and inclusion goals, Future Majority waits to evaluates the offer pool until at least one finalist is from an underrepresented community or background.
Future Majority supports and encourages diversity and equity. We are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees & LGBTQ people to apply.