Program Assistant: Full Time, Based in the Greater Toronto Area
At Spring Strategies, we believe that humanity is positioned to solve the critical social and environmental problems of our time, and that advocates need support in order to catalyze this shift. We deliver breakthrough programs and services all over the world that expand human capacities, transform organizations and enable meaningful results. We specialize in conference as well as meeting facilitation and training; financial innovation and resilience; strategic visioning and Integral Coaching®. As a social enterprise, our approach is both down-to-earth and transformative based on leading edge thinking, tools and innovations. Spring combines challenging conversations, creativity and out-of-the-box thinking with a drive for practicality and excellence.
We believe that it takes a wide diversity of perspectives, experiences and ways of working for any group to successfully navigate complexity and contribute to a more just and life sustaining future.
Our team of associates is made up of independent practitioners and experts located in different parts of the world.
To support Spring’s work and organizational growth, we are looking for a qualified Program Assistant based in or near Toronto to join our small but dynamic staff. Our ideal candidate has good communication skills and is able to assist with the execution of various virtual and in-person programs. They are a detail-oriented ‘people person’ and a self-starter with great customer service and organization skills.
Spring’s Program Assistant works under the guidance of Spring’s Leads to support the day-to-day execution of all programs and will be responsible for:
– Supporting the preparation for and the production and delivery of virtual and in-person meetings and conferences
– Ensuring program communications are sent to all program participants in a timely manner;
– Updating Spring’s program calendar
– Maintaining brand consistency across all communication platforms and outputs
– Updating and maintaining Spring’s databases
– Supporting program content production including audio and/or video editing of program materials
– Working with confidential information between staff, associates and participants
– Supporting the implementation of a digital marketing and communications strategy encompassing all of Spring’s program areas
– Supporting the dissemination of social media content and e-newsletters in alignment with brand guidelines and communications strategy
– Completing editing and writing assignments for the website, newsletter and other communication pieces
– Providing logistical support for all in-person events
– Supporting the team in an administrative capacity with tasks such as electronic document filing and meeting coordination; and
– Performing other related tasks as needed, such as (e-mail) communications and preparing program documentation and materials
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Minimum of three years work experience in a similar role
– A passionate belief and commitment to social and environmental justice globally
– Hands-on experience and knowledge of online marketing, social channels and associated applications as well as website management
– Extensive experience working with various online meeting platforms such as Zoom, for meetings ranging from 30 – 200 people
– Excellent English language writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate cross-culturally
– Experience working with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as relevant marketing tools and applications (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer, Pablo, GIMP, InDesign, etc.)
– Experience producing basic graphics and GIFs for social content
– An understanding of CRM tracking systems and measurement tools as well as the ability to track website traffic and online engagement metrics
– Highly organized and detail-oriented
– Exhibits a deep appreciation for diversity
– A positive “can do” attitude in resolving problems and concerns quickly and correctly
– Demonstrates strong initiative and a desire for self-development
– Proven experience of juggling multiple assignments, meeting tight deadlines with high-quality results
– Able to work independently from home, including flexible hours occasionally
– Proficiency in other languages
– Experience working or living internationally; and
– Work experience at a social and/or environmental justice organization.
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, permanent
LOCATION: Remote within GTA, occasional in-person meetings (when public health regulations permit)
REQUIREMENTS: Must have access to a computer with camera, phone and reliable, hi-speed internet.
SALARY RANGE: $35,000 – $40,000 per year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling and open until filled. Final deadline for submission is February 1, 2021.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Caren Cruz, Operations Lead at email@example.com with “Program Assistant” in the email subject,