Tapestry Community Capital: Impact Investment Manager
Start Date: July 2021
Location: Remote (office based in Toronto)
About Tapestry Community Capital
Tapestry Community Capital supports community organizations across Canada raise capital to
finance their dream projects. We have raised and currently manage $80 million in investment
from 3,000 Canadian investors.
We believe deeply in the principle of community ownership of community assets. Each and
every citizen or resident can be a ‘co-owner’ in their local project, by investing in a
Community Bond issued by their local community organization. Community bonds are an
innovative financing tool issued by a non-profit, charity, or co-operative organization for the
purpose of investing in a capital asset.
Tapestry is seeking the right individual to join our core Investment Management team.
What you’ll be doing
Each and every one of Tapestry’s clients is a mission-driven organization that is tackling a real
need in their community. Our team works with them to design and achieve their Impact
Our typical raise is between $2-3 million from 150 community investors.
This role is principally focused on those client teams who are in the process of raising their
investments and require the expertise of an Impact Investment Manager to transition the
team over to management of their investments and their investors.
In this role, you will manage investments, lead our client issuers through our investor onboarding
process. You will develop and maintain metrics, collect and analyze data on our
methods and use that data to drive ongoing service design and process improvements. You
will guide our team and clients through the raise and management of investments.
Working in tandem with the Investment Coordinator, you will have cross-functional
responsibilities, rooted in Investment Management. You will work on being the bridge
between live campaigns and investment and financial operations, ensuring that decisions are
made collaboratively with a systems-perspective in mind.
We are looking for an even-keeled, confident, and meticulously organized team member who
can work cross-functionally across overlapping client issues, provide guidance and leadership
to ensure client success.
You will be a great fit for this position if you enjoy both interfacing with a diverse client base
and get satisfaction from the complex work of managing operations, process development,
and service design. You will thrive in the Tapestry team environment if you are motivated by
community participation and positive change, and you can demonstrate excellent
collaborative skills paired with sound judgment.
Client and Team Relations
• Act as the bridge between live Campaigns and Investment Management and
• Provide advisory on process and protocols to team when on-boarding new client
• Manage relationships with client issuers and business partners.
• Guide client issuers and community investors through the investment process.
• Supervise and provide complimentary support to client issuer teams in tandem with
the Investment Coordinator.
• In tandem with the Investment Coordinator set level of effort, scope and
coordination of new projects.
• Maintain and create procedures around investments operations.
• Create framework for financial reports for reporting, reconciliation, and audits.
• Work with team to process, transfer, and redeem investments.
• Work with team to ensure accurate disbursements and tax filings for clients.
• Support clients on exceptional cases, guiding them through investor relations.
Improvements, Process Design and Development
• Develop and maintain novel methods of monitoring workflow and process.
• Work with the team to review current practices and identify, scope, test, and
implement process improvements.
• Assist in establishing and evaluating protocols and processes for new programs.
• Support knowledge organization and knowledge transfer within Tapestry.
• Strong systems thinking ability: you can see the big picture and understand how
inputs and outputs affect each other.
• An appreciation for informed solutions: you are not afraid to ask lots of important
questions to uncover nuances in a situation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education or training/experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a collaborative and high performing setting.
• Skilled in developing and tracking metrics, reporting, defining procedures.
• Meticulous organizational skills and high degree of professionalism.
• Strong client management ability: you can triage issues as they arise with tact.
• Resilience and can work through ambiguity to ensure project completion.
• Well-developed soft skills: you are client-oriented but firm and confident in order to
set realistic expectations and build trust.
You may also have:
• Business communications experience.
• Knowledge of, or experience with, general accounting principles.
• Knowledge of investments, and/or relevant tax filing requirements.
• Service design and project management experience.
We believe that experience comes in many forms and that skills are transferable
across industries. We are looking for someone who shares our values and exhibits an
entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. We encourage you to apply if you feel
that this opportunity speaks to you.
What we can offer you:
• A flexible, remote-first environment with core hours between 10 am – 3 pm.
• 3 weeks’ holiday plus full health benefits.
• Employer RRSP matching program.
• Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
Deadline: Monday June 25, 2021 at 6pm. Applicants are encouraged to send their
application as soon as possible as interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
How to Apply – Please review these instructions carefully:
Please prepare a cover letter telling us why you are interested in working for
Tapestry Community Capital, how your previous experiences will contribute to this
role and when you are available to start.
• Please send your cover lever and resume as a single PDF.
• Please use your full name as the file name (i.e., FirstLast.pdf).
• Send your application by email to email@example.com.
Tapestry Community Capital is fully committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We
value contributions from our employees coming from diverse backgrounds and lived
experiences. We welcome applications from all persons, especially equity-seeking
groups, persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual
minority groups, and any others with a non-binary or traditional background who may
be interested in this position. If you require special arrangements, please let us know via email at
We thank all applicants for taking the time to submit a cover letter and resume,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.