Are you looking to grow your entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial competencies to create positive impact and prepare for a fast-changing job market?
As the world looks to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, now is the time for the entrepreneurially-minded to step up to address pressing social and environmental challenges, and to develop the 21st century skills needed to succeed.
CSI has teamed up with Alterna Savings to bring you Social Entrepreneurship 101: an 8-week, part-time online program that covers the foundations of social entrepreneurship, from making sure you’ve identified the right problem, to developing a solution, to turning your idea into a sustainable business model. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, invest in your personal and professional growth, and turn your idea into impact, this is the right course for you!
Develop a network of fellow change-makers through a series of 8 weekly 3-hour sessions. Our highly-engaging sessions meet virtually on Zoom and communicate in our Slack workspace to build a community of practice for our learning journey together. Each session includes activities, tools, case studies, breakout rooms, and cohort-wide discussions. Additionally, this course asks participants to complete 2-4 hours of Action Work outside of our live-sessions to begin putting your ideas into practice.
When and Where
Classes begin September 2021
Online: Zoom Classroom and Slack workspace
What You’ll Learn
Social Entrepreneurship 101 is an 8-week program delivered in two phases:
Phase 1 (Weeks 1-4): Explore your purpose as a social entrepreneur. Discover your problem space. Map opportunities for impact.
Together, we’ll begin with some of the big questions you may be asking yourself, such as:
- I see so many urgent problems to solve. Which should I focus on specifically, and why?
- There are so many things to do to get started. How do I prioritize?
- What skills, knowledge, connections, and experience can I leverage to make an impact?
- How do I move from idea to action?
Phase 2 (Weeks 4-8): Discover stakeholders. Build your business and financial models. Understand how to measure your impact. Explore funding options.
Questions answered during this phase include:
- I have developed a clear idea of the impact that I want my enterprise to generate. How do I design my business to reach this impact?
- How can I generate sustainable revenue (and profit) from my social enterprise?
- What resources am I going to need to start my enterprise?
- What funding models and options should I explore?
By the end of the 8 weeks, you’ll gain experience, confidence, and practice with core competencies in social entrepreneurship such as critical thinking, systems thinking, active listening, storytelling, decision-making, and business modelling.
- Invitations to ongoing CSI additional learning online workshops
- Access to a SE101 community wide #Slack channel
- Access to valuable tools, guides and worksheets for your future use
Who you’ll meet
You will connect with a cohort of changemakers who are similarly driven and committed to making an impact. SE 101 is open to everyone interested in making the world better through entrepreneurial thinking and approaches.
Social Entrepreneurship 101 was developed in partnership with experienced social entrepreneurs, coaches, facilitators, and educators, and based on the learnings from over 10 years of training social enterprises.
Roll up your sleeves, invest in your growth, and turn your idea into impact
Part of the CSI Educates Initiative
At CSI, we equip people, organizations, and systems with the skills, knowledge, and networks to evolve their leadership skills and entrepreneurial competencies. Learn more about our approach here.